It’s Friday – finally!
How cute is Charlie in this pic! Artie, on the other hand, was biting me…
Yesterday was a really lazy day for me, and I’m definitely excited to do some fun things today!
- Body Pump
- Baby shower shopping
- Grocery shopping
- Getting some awesome freebies for lunch & dinner (I already have my game plan set – more to come later!)
Last night I was feeling really sluggish (this whole waking up at really early hours thing is no fun!), but I managed to put together a delicious dinner: sweet potato hash/stir-fry
- 1 really large sweet potato (I prefer cooking with small ones because they’re easier to chop, but at least I have leftovers now!)
Chopped into small cubes – I’ve really got to work on my chopping skills….these are all different sizes!
I can’t believe how much bigger the potato seemed after I chopped it up!
So much potato! Sweet potatoes do shrink quite a bit after cooking, though…
Added to the pan:
- 1.5 cups broccoli (thawed in the microwave for about 4 min., then chopped into smaller pieces)
- Grilled chicken chunks
- 1/2 small onion, chopped *I had this onion in the fridge from the other day, and it was SO much easier to chop when chilled!
- Chopped garlic
- Garlic powder, italian herbs, pepper, olive oil
I put half of it in a container for leftovers, and dressed mine up with sunflower seeds and 1 tbsp Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing. It was so delicious!
We bought this wine at Trader Joes a while ago (it’s SO cheap, less than $4!), and Bud opened it about two weeks ago…
I really have no idea how long wine stays good for once opened, but my glass was delicious! Not too dry, not super sweet like a dessert wine (although I would have enjoyed that too!)…
And I had a Trader Joes cocoa truffle for dessert Dark chocolate & wine are such a good pairing!
I made a serving of overnight oats in a nearly empty jar of peanut butter last night:
This peanut butter is amazing. I bought it with a coupon at Target, but it was still pretty pricey. Maybe it will go on clearance soon?!
In the container:
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (I would have used 1/2 cup, but ran out )
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Drizzle of honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small gala apple, chopped
This was mmmmm mmmmm good.
It looks kind of like mush, but it tasted like a party in my mouth! The peanut butter on the sides & bottom of the container gave it a nutty flavor, and I scraped that thing clean with my spoon!
A little while later, I enjoyed a cup of honey greek yogurt with 1/4 cup leftover granola. I wasn’t too hungry, but knew I’d need a lot of energy for Body Pump in a few hours!
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite thing about Fridays?