This morning at the gym, something wonderful happened….Zumba was cancelled, and instead a different class instructor who just happened to be working out at the gym took over and I had my first ever Cardio Dance Party class (I think that’s what she called it!). SO FUN! Way more fun than Zumba would have been I really liked the music (upbeat dance songs like J Lo’s “On the Floor”) and there was a good combination of cardio, abs, legs, arms….. it was a great full-body workout and I wish the gyms in my area offered it!
I put together this salad when I got back from the gym – it hit the spot!
- Baby spinach
- Grilled chicken
- Leftover chickpeas (I still have about half of the batch left…that recipe makes a TON!)
- Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard dressing
- Tomato basil almonds
I have a feeling this salad will become a regular for me!
Baby carrots for dessert! (haha, just kidding….)
This was my dessert a few hours later. Oh. MY. GOSH. I’ve finally perfected the recipe! This was my 3rd attempt at making frozen banana delight (my new official name for it!). The original recipe can be found here.
- 1 banana (with a chopstick stuck through it)
- Vanilla greek yogurt (a few spoonfuls), mixed in a bowl with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- About 10 cocoa roast almond, chopped into small pieces
- Freeze for one hour and enjoy!
The little banana chunk on the side is what I cut off the bottom so the chopstick would go in without breaking the banana apart. In the past, I’ve just eaten that small piece right away, but today I decided to make a mini banana delight instead
Cinnamon & cocoa powder mixed with the greek yogurt is definitely a winning combination for me. You must try this – right now!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend (and frozen banana delight) – I’ll be back tomorrow morning!