The past month has flown by, and I can’t believe my last post was on Halloween…Yikes!
Here’s what’s been going on in November…
1. Bud (my husband) graduated from boot camp
2. I drove from Texas to Virginia with the cats (they did surprisingly well in the car, but howled a lot in the hotels)
3. We found an apartment and moved in within three days (I’m SO glad I found a potential place before getting to Virginia!)
*We’re both very grateful that the Keurig fit in my car
4. Bud and I made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us, and ate leftovers two meals a day for three days straight…I’m going on a week straight actually
Now that we’re finally settling in, I can get back to blogging! It’s been WAY too long…I miss it!
I’ve been waiting for a few days to make overnight oats in our nearly empty peanut butter jar
and finally prepared it last night, since Bud ate breakfast on base this morning (I didn’t want him to be jealous of my breakfast, and there was only enough for one serving ). We’re dealing with a very limited amount of kitchen supplies right now, since our moving truck isn’t planned to arrive until Dec. 12th. Fortunately, the Navy is lending us a big box of plates, bowls, pots, pans, etc…but we don’t have any mason jars to make overnight oats in!
YUMMMMM. The peanut butter jar was practically overflowing with apples, and it was delicious.
In the jar:
- 1/3 cup oats (probably should have used 1/4 cup to fit it all in, but I didn’t realize the jar was so small!)
- 1/3 cup skim milk (left over from Thanksgiving cooking!)
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Cinnamon (generous sprinkling)
- 1 small/medium granny smith apple, chopped
I also enjoyed a Yoplait pumpkin pie yogurt. The Commissary (grocery store on Navy base) had a 4 pack on sale for 99 cents…couldn’t pass that deal up! The verdict: it did taste like pumpkin pie, but was kind of watery and had a slightly funky aftertaste. I looked at the ingredients and saw that it has aspartame in it, which is a bummer… yogurt’s supposed to be healthy, not filled with artificial sweeteners! Hmpf!
And I had a nice hot cup of coffee, topped off with whipped cream!
Bud and I go through whipped cream phases…sometimes we put it on our coffee for several weeks straight, and sometimes we don’t buy it for a month or two. Weird! I have a feeling we’ll be having it a lot in the next month or so…
Especially when our red and green sprinkles arrive with the moving truck! Hello, festive coffee!
My flavor of choice this morning was Chocolate Glazed Donut. This stuff is the BEST. Seriously, it tastes like a donut in coffee form
Hahaha, we actually got this picture of Charlie a few nights ago while we were eating Thanksgiving leftovers. He LOVES the smell of turkey
I’m off to do some serious cooking….sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, taco soup, cooked baby carrots…all while jamming out to Pandora’s R&B and Pop Holiday station If you’re looking for a good (free!) holiday music station…definitely give this one a try! It’s especially awesome when Christmas songs from Glee come on