My day got off to a great start, thanks to a jar of overnight oats!
Before I get to that though, check out the most mouth-watering pb&j ever!
I made this last night for dinner, after daydreaming about it pretty much all day A really easy, inexpensive, deeeeelicious dinner (or lunch!). Actually, I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yum. Yum. Yum!
To make your own hot n’toasty pb&j, follow the steps below!
1. Warm up a whole wheat roll (or your bread of choice) in the microwave or oven
*I used a crusty whole wheat roll from the grocery store’s bakery, and would recommend using something similar
2. Slice the roll in half (or not, if you’re using regular sandwich bread)
3. Spread a generous helping of peanut butter on both halves of the roll
*I used both creamy and chunky peanut butter to make things extra fancy
4. Slice 1 banana and place on one half of the roll
*If your roll isn’t very big, one banana might be too much
5. Top the banana slices with a few spoonfuls of jelly or jam
*I used Cascadian Farm’s blueberry fruit spread
This is what your pb&j should look like at this point:
6. Put the non-banana half on top of the banana half
7. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, until you see major peanut butter and jelly oozing going on!
8. Eat, and enjoy!
*Warning: this is a sticky & messy meal….keep some paper towels and/or hand wipes handy!
I promise you will love this!
On the side, I enjoyed some cooked baby carrots (gotta have some veggies with dinner!)
And a bag of pretzel m&m’s
If you’ve never tried these, I highly recommend them for a tasty (and not too-unhealthy) treat!
Breakfast today was an easy one, since I prepared it last night! I’ve got to do this more often…making breakfast at 5:30 a.m. isn’t always as fun as it sounds
Overnight apples & cinnamon oats!
- Nearly empty peanut butter jar (the best vessel for overnight oats!)
- 1/3 c. oats
- 1/3 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 granny smith apple, chopped
Enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee!
The gym on base was packed this morning, so I didn’t get a chance to do some dumbbell exercises after my 30 min. on the elliptical. When I got back home, I cranked up some music and did squats for a song and then arms (pushups & dips) for a song. Not as much as I’d planned on, but still better than nothing!
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter? On a spoon? In a sandwich? In a Reese’s peanut butter cup?